Few Office Funs - 1

We were discussing a few funny incidents in my BIL's college and basically someone's fiasco/blunder is everyone's laughter. Infact laughter riot if u are first hand witness to that .

Incident 1:

This involves me and some unknown lady (never seen her) . It was those times in 1998 when I was in my first job and first week into the job. Rarely people could afford the cell phones. The incoming calls were charged as well those days . It was early in the morning and as usual I was planning what to do that day. It was my first week in office and extra bubbliness of college fresher made me plan for post 5 PM activities more than 9-5 activities . I was shaken by a telephone ring and the conv between me and the lady on the line  is as below. Go to the end of the conversation for background of this.Please see english version below the Tamil one,  for those who see below writings as jelebi spread.

நான்: Hello

Lady:Hello., பரமானந்தம் இருக்கறா? 

நான்: யாரு பரமானந்தம் ? அப்பிடி யாரும் இங்க இல்லையே ! (with  confidence )

Lady: இது SAFL   தானே ?

நான் : ஆமாங்க


Lady: உங்களுக்கு பரமானந்தம் தெரியாதா?

நான் : மேடம் நான் இப்போ அதான சொன்னேன் . இங்க அப்பிடி யாரும் இல்ல . யாருங்க அந்த பரமானந்தம்  ?

Lady: அவரு அங்க பெரிய மேனேஜர் . எல்லாருக்கும் அவர்தான் head .

நான் : (head a ? நம்ம கிட்டயேவா? )அவரு அப்பிடின்னு உங்க கிட்ட சொல்லிருக்கலாம் , ஆனா இங்க எல்லாருக்கும் head -  GM  தான் . அவரோட பேரு பரமானந்தம் இல்ல .

Lady: அவரும் GM  தான் .

நான் :  (இது என்ன புது குழப்பம் ? )அப்பிடி இங்க எந்த GM  இல்ல . எனக்கு தெரிஞ்ச GM  பேரு அது இல்ல . ஆனா அவரு நெஜமாவே இங்க GM ன்னு  உங்க கிட்ட சொன்னாரா? (இந்த கேள்வி உனக்கு ரொம்ப முக்கியம்டா . நாக்குல சனி தாண்டவம் ஆடுது )

Lady: ஆமாம் . எனக்கு தெரியும் அவர் அங்க GMன்னு

நான் : (அது எப்பிடி இவங்களுக்கு தெரியும்? )அவரு பாக்க எப்பிடி இருப்பாரு?

Lady: எப்பிடின்னு சொல்றது ? அவரு ஜீப்ல வருவாரு .

நான் : யாரு ஆபீஸ்க்கு ஜீப்ல வராங்கன்னு நான் பாக்கறதில்லை madam.

Lady: பக்கத்துல யார் கிட்டயாவது கொஞ்சம் கேளுங்களேன்

(பக்கத்துல என் கூட சேந்த இன்னொரு L போர்டு. ஏதோ சொத்தை எழுதி கேட்டா மாதிரி அவன் என்னை மொறச்சி - "தெரியலன்னு சொல்லிட்டு வெச்சிரு மாமா phone ஐ ன்னு" அட்வைஸ் வேற . கல்நெஞ்சுகாரன்  )

நான்:  ( ரொம்ப பாவம் ) இங்க யாருக்குமே தெரியல மேடம்

Lady: Oh is it?

நான் : நீங்க அவருக்கு என்ன வேணும் ? (மொதல்லையே கேக்க வேண்டிய கேள்வி )

Lady: I am his wife

நான் : (no doubt she cant explain his looks fat/thin, dark/fair,short/tall - எனக்கு மட்டும் பரமானந்தம் தெரிஞ்சிருந்தா குடும்பத்துல கொழப்பம் வந்திருக்கும் . அதான் உஷாரா அவங்க எதுவும் சொல்லல ) Ok Madam if I find him I will ask him to call you.

Lady: Fine ., Thanks. May I know who you am I talking to ?
(இத்தனை damage   கு அப்றமா Thanks   கொஞ்சம் எனக்கு அதிகம் தான் )

நான் : Peeng ............   line  disconnected ( 'மச்சம் தான்யா எனக்கு'- ஆண்டவன் கெட்டவங்களுக்கு நெறைய குடுப்பான் ஆனா கடைசில கை உட்டுடுவான். நல்லவங்களை நெறைய சோதிப்பான், ஆனா கை உட மாட்டான் hehehhee...)

Now English version :
Me:Hello
She:Hello., can I talk to Parmanandam
Me: who is paramanandam ? there is no paramanandam here .
She: (she confirms my company name and then )You dont know paramanandam?
Me:Thats what I told you madam just now.
She: He is a big manager there. He is head of everyone there .
Me: Well I dont know if he told you like that but the big manager here is GM here .
She: He is also a GM
Me:Well then I dont know that "GM" . The GM I know is not called Paramanandam. Did he really tell you he is GM here ?
She: Yes and I know he is GM there .
Me: I am not aware of GM called by that name here , Can you plz tell me how he looks like?
She: Well there is nothing particular that I can describe about but he comes by Jeep
Me: I dont check who comes by Jeep to office madam.
She:Can you ask someone near you?
Me:(I ask another new joinee and he looks at me like crazy on hearing the name and says "dunno") The someone near me is also saying they dont know him.
She:Oh is it?
Me:Who are you madam to him?
She: I am his wife (no doubt she cant explain his looks fat/thin, dark/fair,short/tall - anything could get  her and fmly in trouble provided I knew paramanandam)
Me:Ok Madam if I find him I will ask him to call you.
She:Fine ., Thanks. (For what ? - after all this damage) May I know who you am I talking to ?
Me:(Fortunately for me before I could blurt out my name the line got disconnected) 

Epilogue:
Infact she was right. My company had 4 plants and Paramanandam was GM for one of the plants and had a office next to our GM and that was almost locked usually (but for the few days he visits my plant) . I feel bad for shaking the high rise image he had created in his home,but did nt have guts to apologize to him after knowing him.  Sorry Mr and Mrs.Paramanandam.

But still wonder why many people appreciated me for this damage I did unknowingly to his reputation.

I still get a mixed guilty cum upbeat feeling at thinking about this incident.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tired of writing , lets see the others in next post.
Few office funs -  his wife was bitten by ant- telephone in office---

0 comments: