Interviews

Well was about to write another useless blog but suddenly a flash came to me and I am starting to write on this impulsively . No pre thought, no plans - so expect some not so professional writing.

An Interview to we people happened may be at college final year in the name of Campus interveiws unlike now where for LKG , the kid,his mom and dad prepare day in and day out . (நான் எப்போ அபியும் நானும் பிரகாஷ்  ராஜ் மாதிரி புக்கும் கையுமா  சுத்த  போறேனோ ) ... During those days I used to imagine couple of cinema/drama interview scenes which were no where near funny , but shaped our thought processes leading us to expect any kind of question. Infact we were prepared for sensible questions unlike now .  Thanks to s/w. for a geunuine  "what languages you know" question,  people have started answering " C ,C++" instead of "Hindi,Tamil and English "

I guess its Nagesh in a movie who will turn a CUP unpside to mean that he passed PUC . In all movies interview will always happen in a first floor or second floor so that hero is ready with his answer : No of steps he climbed up. May be I guess 1980-late 1990s Interviews were bit funny but were sane like these.

Then came twist in tale. Advent of IT companies. They need to hire 40-50 (bulk bookings) students in campus intvw. We used to ask those days whose lorry is this today ? TCS machi .. ஓ அப்போ 50 டிக்கெட் காலி ... ...CTS machi .. ஓ அப்போ ஒரு 10  டிக்கெட் காலி . ..... Poor recruitment guys from morning to night getting bored of asking technical questions used to ask valid and excellant qns as below:
"Do you guys see jump the main gate to watch movies? " , " Is the mosquito menace in Hostel very bad?", "which hotel is better ? Anna Purna or Gowri shankar ? ".....Well dont blame them . we continue the trend now ask sillier qns ..

Oh man.... have to work. ok will share an experience of me taking intvw of a Japanese Consultant recently.

This gentleman (Mr.%^&&$#) was called over to our office in Japan and the country manager(Mr.XYZ) from Japan looped me in to interview Mr.%^&&$# (Its a tongue twister anyway) , technically on consulting side.Since its remote location it was a telephonic interview that I had to conduct . 

 I did my normal consulting and product side questions for about half hour and called out my colleague ....."XYZ., I am done with my questions you want to take up about his Personal skills?" ... Instead of my colleague XYZ answering the person being interviewed Mr.%^&&$# started explaining to me his personal skills .. I had to listen to it for sometime..

I again interrupted and said ....."XYZ., I am done with my part . Do you wish to continue?" Well... to my shock again Mr.%^&&$# continued on his project management skills this time...

I slowly asked again Mr.%^&&$#   , if you are not on speaker phone can put you my colleague  Mr.XYZ  on the phone line,please ? ..

Mr.%^&&$#  replied saying that Mr.XYZ had left the room some 15 minutes back and he would go and fetch him. Well now I understood why he kept on replying :-) .........

 

2 comments:

Hari said...

itha thaan wrong numbernu solluvaangalo ?? :) :P

Partha said...

wrong o right o ... aniki enakum , ottu ketta payyanukkum sema comedy .....